Benefits of Multilingual Education
Six Great Reasons Why We Offer Multilingual Education
- Multilingualism has been proven to help children develop superior reading and writing skills.
- Multilingual children also tend to have overall better analytical, social, and academic skills than their monolingual peers.
- Knowing more than one language helps children feel at ease in different environments. It creates a natural flexibility and adaptability, and it increases his/her self-esteem and self confidence.
- Children will develop an appreciation for other cultures and an innate acceptance of cultural differences.
- If your child wants to study more languages later in life, he/she will have a leg up. The differences in sounds, word, order, stress, rhythm, intonation and grammatical structures will be easier to learn. For related languages, such as Spanish and French, the similar vocabulary will make learning especially fast.
- Career prospects are multiplied many times over for people who know more than one language.
Source: Multilingual Children’s Association